Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hello all!


Since this is my first post, I have decided to tell you a little bit about some of my current projects. I am currently taking two graduate classes at the University of Kentucky. One is Weird Films and the other is a Sociology of Education course. Both are really fascinating and have kept me busy this summer. I've written a literature review, which I hope to add to this blog, on how students evaluate instructor's gender performance in higher education. I am also working on a paper on Mulholland Dr. and lesbianism (specifically on the seductress and lesbian pulp fiction), which I hope to present at a conference this fall. I also hope to publish a recent book review I've written on Gender in Higher Ed. I'll keep you posted as to how those projects continue over the next few months.

This summer I have also read several interesting books. I've read Wuthering Heights, Jude the Obscure, Naked Economics, North and South, and Feminist Chauvinist Pigs. Hopefully, the next few posts that I write or add will include a review of this last book mentioned.

1 comment: